Send the Government a photo message about why green is working for you.
Earlier today, over 200 Friends of the Earth supporters joined together outside the Treasury to send a clear message to the Government: green is working. You too can send a message to George Osborne about the vital role that green jobs play in the economy.
All you need do is write a short message about why green is working – or why action on climate change is needed – and add a picture of yourself holding your message to the gallery.
The more pictures we send, the more powerful the message to the Government.
How to submit your photo
1. Write a short message (about 10 words) on paper saying why green is working for you. Your message should be personal, and finish the sentence:
“Green is working for me because …” e.g. “Tackling climate change saves lives/saves nature” or “Clean energy has created jobs in Manchester” or “I get cash back from my solar panels”.
2. Take a photo of yourself holding your message – camera or smartphone will do. If you can do it somewhere that shows why you care (e.g. solar panels, a local park) the more inspiring your photo will be.
3. Submit it: You can either:
- upload it to our Flickr group – please include your name, town and your message as the title
- or e-mail it to us – please include your name, town and message in the email.
4. Share it: Once your photo is in the gallery, you can share it by coming back to this page, clicking on it and using the Facebook and Twitter buttons. Please use the hashtag #greenisworking
And please encourage your friends to do the same.
Let’s get loads of your photos and messages – to deliver to David Cameron in December.
Thank you for making time to do this.