Manchester Friends of the Earth – what we do and how you can get involved…
On Tuesday 13th November, Manchester Friends of the Earth would like to invite you to our monthly full group meeting. This will provide people with an opportunity to find out more about the group, what you can get from joining in and what campaigns we hope to run next year.
Join us for a glass of wine (or something non-alcoholic) and cake from 6.30 onwards, giving you ample opportunity to chat to our campaigners in a relaxed environment.
- talk to some of our key campaigners about getting involved and how you can learn new skills or develop existing skills through volunteering
- have your say on planning and prioritising our campaigns for 2013
- put your creative skills to use by helping to make a bee costume and banners for future events
- find out more about some of the key roles within the group that we are looking to fill for next year
- suggest other groups that we can work in partnership with in addition to running our key campaigns
- find out about national Friends of the Earth and Manchester Friends of the Earth – how we work, how we are funded, how we run the local group, what awards we have won…
- see a stall in action – we regularly run stalls at local community events and always want volunteers to come and help out – if you’re not sure what this entails come along to see a mock up of a stall in action
- Look at a display of photos and press cuttings about the group from the last year
- have a look around our website, find out what the ‘wiki’ is and how you can use it, see our flickr site for hundreds of photos of our group events and actions, take online actions on environmental issues
This is a great meeting for those who are new to Friends of the Earth and for those who might want to get more involved and want to know how! All welcome.
When: drinks and cake from 6.30pm, event 7-9pm, Tuesday 13 November
Where: Green Fish Resource Centre, 46-50 Oldham St, Manchester M4 1LE
Contact: Cat for more details. firstname.lastname@example.org