Beer & Deer Ride 2022 (North West Velo Fest)
VELOFEST is back for a one-off Summer event! The ever popular BEER AND DEER RIDE returns for 2022.
If you don’t know, this is a cycling community tradition, a summer ride to Dunham Massey Brewery with a chance of seeing wild deer, 20 miles of canal and road riding at a leisurely pace.
Meeting at 12:00 for a 12:30 start.
The ride takes us all the way out of the city on a largely car-free route.
If it’s a sunny day we’ll sit outside to enjoy some of the numerous beers on offer. It’s a peaceful and pleasant location in the countryside.
* The ride is gentle, slow-paced and 90% off-road. It is suitable for new riders but please be aware it’s your responsibility to be safe, confident and in control of your bicycle, including for the short sections on the road.
* The route is 20 miles **total** (10 miles out and back) almost entirely on canal tow path, it’s doable on a skinny road bike but can be bumpy, you’ll be absolutely fine on a hybrid, town, gravel or mountain bike.
* Bottles of local craft beer will be available to buy to drink immediately or to take away for later, but it’s a working brewery not a pub. Don’t expect a selection of soft drinks or food.
* We will begin at Coffee Cranks Co-operative, where you can pick up snacks, sandwiches and soft drinks for a picnic lunch should you wish! There’s also a cafe over the road from the brewery for coffees and snacks if you need them at the end of the ride.
* At the end of the ride, depending on numbers we’ll typically split into those who want to continue into the Deer Park nearby, those who want to stay out for a drink or three, and those who want to head back to the start point at Alexandra Park.
Latest details on Facebook event page
|Location||Coffee Cranks Cafe|
|Manchester, M16 7J|
|Start||Saturday 16 Jul 2022 12:00pm|
|Finish||Saturday 16 Jul 2022 7:00pm|