CYCLE-RAIL FORUM FOR THE NORTH
Meeting to be held on 13 June 2018 at “The Station”, Old Stationhouse, Irlam , Manchester M44 5ZR.The venue is on the platform at Irlam served by a half hourly Northern service from Liverpool Lime Street or Manchester Oxford Road.
Lunch will be provided at 12 noon.
12.30 Welcome and new chairing arrangements. Apologies for absence. Note of the meeting held at Eureka! Halifax on 22 January (Copy attached).
12.35 Matters Arising for previous meeting:
– TPE Station Improvements update (TPE)
– Level crossing for cycles on quiet lines (TPE and Northern)
– Forum input on Northern Cycle-Rail Fund bids (Northern)
– Forum nominations for Northern Community Investment Fund (Northern)
– Workshop on Northern Bike and Go (Item follows)
– DfT Bike Share Masterclass (Secretariat)
12.45 Trans Pennine Express Cycle Policy – First Annual Update and new TPE Booking Policy (Charlie French) See existing policy at: https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/travelling-with-us/travelling-with-a-bike Also, extract from Forum discussion in Hull (attached)
13.15 Northern Cycle Promise- First Annual Review. (Pete Williamson) See published Promise at: https://be803fe5c416e39d38ae-aa21086260d3bd4e072d597fe09c2e80.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.com/images/policy/2017-07/Cycle-promise-DL.pdf
13.45 Northern Bike and Go Workshop 5 March 2018: Outcomes and Update (Pete Williamson)
14.00 Brief Update on New and Refurbished TPE and Northern Stock (Charlie and Pete)
14.10 Bike Security on Trains and at Stations: Forum Discussion
14.45 Any Other Business
– Closure of Leeds CyclePoint
– Access and maintenance of Eccles Station cycle hub
– GDPR and Forum membership
15.00 Close. Next meeting provisionally 24 October, venue to be determined.The meeting will be followed by an optional bike on Chat Moss led by Dave Yates
Secretary, Cycle-Rail Forum for the North