Friends of the Earth North West Gathering (Updated)
Kick start your year – It’s time for the annual North West Gathering! Catch-up with Friends of the Earth members and local groups from across the region. All welcome!
Book your free place here: http://northwestfoe.eventbrite.co.uk/
– Hear news from across the region with regional campaigner Helen Rimmer
– Network, connect and make links with people taking action across your region
– Find out the latest on hot topics such as devolution and fracking
– Join training, workshops and discussion on local, national and international issues
– The latest news on local and nation campaigns.
– Anna Watson plans to be there so we can talk community energy and Run on Sun.
Refreshments will be provided, but please bring lunch or a dish to share.
We would love to hear more ideas for the agenda – email: email@example.com
We really hope to see you there! Spread the word to your networks.
Updates via the Facebook event page. And see updated agenda below….
Looking forward to seeing you, Carla and Helen
PS Carla has promised to make heart shaped biscuits for you all to make up for the valentines day date! Maybe we could do a Climate Action
When: 10am-5pm, Saturday 14th February
Where: Green Fish Resource Centre, 46-50 Oldham Street, Manchester, M4 1LE
Start 10.30 – Registration and welcome over tea and coffee
Please try and arrive before 10:45 so we can start on schedule. Arrive early to network with staff and other activists.
10.45 Welcome to the Gathering.
Carla and Helen talk you through the day
11:00 The Region in 2015
Helen Rimmer and local group members and community members from across the region update us on state of play across the region in 2015.
- Bees and Nature – Sandra Bell, bees and nature campaigner Friends of the Earth
The next steps for bee campaign and how this fits into wider work on nature.
- Fracking and Planning – Tony Bosworth and Naomi Luhde-Thompson
Find out more about the fracking movement locally and nationally, discuss your campaign and get expert advice on planning.
Lunch at the venue
Please bring a packed lunch + for the love of action – The Climate Coalition
13:15 What’s happening with campaigns and programmes in 2015?
Hear a strategic overview of our work in 2015
13.45 Networking Café
A chance to share information, ask questions and update each other on other local campaigns. Choose 2 x 30 min sessions over the hour – please suggest other sessions.
– Devolution and a new Greater Manchester network
– Regional issues — your suggestions include: Housing, Roads, Supporting wind
– Wellbeing and Economics and resource use
- Are you ready to Run on Sun? Update on the campaign and how you can get involved, unveiling the next phase and exploring how to work with local authority and community energy actors in your area.
- The Road to Paris and Beyond – What are we doing on the road to Paris and how can we make Paris and people power come alive in our communities.
16.00 Action 16.15 Wrap-up Then drinks at a nearby venue
|Location||Green Fish Resource Centre|