Kiddical Mass Bike Ride
Join us for a Kiddical Mass ride. A fun family friendly cycle ride along the Fallowfield loop. For all parents, grandparents and carers wanting to ride with children.
This is part of a programme of activities in Greater Manchester funded by TfGM as part of their women’s cycling campaign. Open to all.
- A led ride for families, led by qualified and experienced ride leaders. Up to 60 people.
- Fun trail of landmarks on route. Linked to women’s suffrage theme for 2018 centenary.
- Dress up as ‘heroes’ – costumes (optional).
- Limited number of bikes, helmets, high viz, trailers, tag-a-longs can be provided for those who don’t have their own via the Bike Hive, Alexandra Park (to be booked in advance via email).
- Hot chocolate at the end and opportunity to share learning with experienced cyclists share their advice for staying safe and having fun on bikes with kids and top tips for kit, bikes, accessories for everyday bikelife with kids.
The Plan for the Day
10-11am The BikeHive will be open for anyone who needs to borrow a bike or tag-a-long (please let us know in advance, first come first served) and for help from our mechanics to pump your tyres, check your breaks, make any small adjustments to your bike. Come to the BikeHive, situated in car park behind Tennis Courts, off Russell Street.
11am Group cycle ride along the Fallowfield loop to Highfield Country Park (and possibly Debdale Park for the faster riders in the group) and back. Ride leaves from outside Coffee Cranks cafe in Alexandra Park. There will be a number of ride leaders supporting the group. This will be a gentle ride and mainly off road. There will be an option to split the group to accommodate people wanting to ride at a different pace or distance. All are welcome. Please bring your own drinks and snacks and don’t forget a lock for after the ride. The ride will be suitable for people riding cargo bikes, adapted bikes and with trailers. Parents / carers will be responsible for supervising their children.
12.30 pm – Hot chocolates back at Coffee Cranks Cafe, the Pavillion, Alexandra Park. Opportunity to warm up in this wonderful community cooperative and to share cycling tips and experiences. Additional food and drinks available to purchase at the cafe.
Booking essential via Eventbrite – this will help us to ensure we have sufficient ride leaders and can cater for everyone.
For more information about the BikeHive please see our website or pop in and see us in the park.
|Location||Coffee Cranks Cafe|