Manchester Demo! (Save Rimrose Valley)
Join Rimrose Valley Friends to demonstrate against National Highways’ Port of Liverpool Access Road proposal, which would bulldoze our beloved Rimrose Valley.
Manchester based activities: (10:30 ish) Meet at Patagonia store (Cross Street / King Street).
March to National Highways office in Manchester Piccadilly.
See the Save Rimrose Valley website for more information on the campaign and how you can support them.
We’re really excited to announce our next demonstration and for this one, we’re taking our campaign’s message to Manchester!
We know this is a big ask, so travel is FREE! Just book your places.
Why Manchester?! This rough itinerary for the day explains all…
*PLEASE NOTE TIMINGS/LOCATIONS ARE APPROXIMATE AND WILL BE FINALISED SOON*
- 09:30 Coach from Liverpool (Waterloo and other pick up locations TBC) to Patagonia’s Manchester store
- 10:30 Meet the amazing Patagonia team in-store, have some refreshments and make signs/placards
- 12:00 March from Patagonia’s store to National Highways’ regional office in Manchester Piccadilly
- 12:30 Protest outside National Highways office and deliver letters/materials from school children and the community
- 14:30 Coach pick-up
- 15:30 Arrive in Liverpool (Waterloo and other drop off locations TBC)
As ever, we want this to be a family-friendly demonstration so we would love it if kids, parents and grandparents could make the trip. We also hope to be joined by fellow campaigners from across the region. It’s sure to be a great day out and something they won’t forget!
Please note that places are limited. If you book but are no longer able to come, please cancel so someone else can take your place.
If you are in/near Liverpool you can book your (free) coach place via Eventbrite
|Manchester, M2 7AZ|
|Start||Friday 26 Aug 2022 10:00am|
|Finish||Friday 26 Aug 2022 2:00pm|
|Organised by||Save Rimrose Valley|