Road rider ready [Trafford] evening
Are you a fairly confident off-road or recreational cyclist, but not so sure about cycling on the road? This group course is designed to teach you the skills needed to cycle safely and inspire confidence when riding on the road.
This 2 hour course begins in a traffic free environment with the guidance of professional cycle instructors. Learning with people of a similar ability, you will be taught the necessary skills required to make safe, short road journeys by bike. Once mastered, instructors will give you the opportunity to put your new skills to the test by cycling on selected quiet roads.
Participants will be provided with a bike and helmet on the day, but you’re welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
The Road Rider Ready course can help you with:
- Preparing yourself and your bike for cycling on the road
- Starting off, pedalling and stopping with control and consideration
- Controlling the bike, using gears and manoeuvring safely around objects
- Communicating with others
- Looking all around and behind, and controlling the bike with one hand
- Sharing space with others
- Emergency stopping
Bikes and helmets will be provided, but you’re welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
Meet at the Health & Fitness Centre adjacent to the school
Please note that these courses are only open to adults (16+).
Places are limited so please book online.
|Location||Ashton on Mersey School|