Stockport Hydro Ltd -Environmental Challenge Fund 2020
Stockport Hydro Ltd, a community owned scheme, has been generating renewable energy power on the River Goyt since October 2012.
£ 3,900 is available from our Environmental Challenge Fund for around 12 projects which will benefit the local community and take place within the SMBC boundary.
Projects must have an environmental focus and can be of a community or co-operative nature.
Application deadline: 31st January 2020 and project must be within Stockport Council boundary.
For more information and application forms see the Stockport Hydro website or email email@example.com
Please send completed applications to : Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to: Laurence Jackson, 7 Fairfax Close, Marple, Stockport SK6 6HH.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2020
Rules for Applications to Stockport Hydro Ltd Environmental Challenge Fund 2020
Stockport Hydro welcomes applications for grants available from their Environmental Challenge fund. Funding is available for approximately £3,900 for around 12 projects which will benefit the local community and take place within the SMBC boundary. Projects must have an environmental focus and can be of a community or co-operative nature.
Eligibility for application for a grant
• Applicant: must be over 18 and have authority to apply on behalf of the organisation.
• Application: on behalf of a registered charity, trust, educational establishment, club or association. Must have a written constitution and bank account.
• Benefits of the project must be easily identifiable, sustainable and with clear aims.
• Longer term projects: Stockport Hydro will require regular updates.
• Location: within SMBC boundary.
- Closing date for applications: 31st Jan 2020.
- Applicant notified whether successful: March 2020.
- The award cheque must be cashed within 3 months of award.
- All work to be completed by 1st of August 2020
Requirements, Stockport Hydro Ltd will:
• allocate each application with a contact from Stockport Hydro, who will sponsor the
Project, liaise with the applicant and be a link to ensure the project and The Hydro benefit from any publicity.
• monitor the project and require proof of expenditure.
• require the right to refer to projects in our own publicity, and to be named in applicant’s publicity.
• require sign-off of any materials produced or used to promote the use of the grant, in which we are named.
Grants will be made at the sole discretion of the Board. In event of unsuccessful
applications, Stockport Hydro will endeavour to (but be under no obligation to) provide feedback.
- Create resources to support environmental or ecological education.
- Biodiversity improvements: e.g. a garden/outside area benefiting a community.
- Installation of recycling facility to benefit a community or the users.
- Producing resources to support communication of project or environmental aims.
- Installation of bat boxes/bird boxes/wildlife refuges etc.
- Develop resources for community enterprise projects within schools.
- Support organisers of community activities with an environmental focus.
- Projects to engage socially isolated groups in environmental activities
- Provision of interpretive boards and facilities for public spaces