Ful medames tagliatelle
This is a combination of my favourite foods!
- 1 onion – cut into moon shapes
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- red pepper – cut to the same size as onion
- 1 heaped tsp of cumin powder
- a pinch of chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tin of Hodmedods fava beans
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- a splash of lemon juice
- a large handful of fresh coriander
- pepper and salt
In a medium saucepan heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil and then add the onions, garlic, pepper, cumin and chilli and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
Add the beans, stir in and then add the tomatoes and about a cup of water. Turn the heat down and simmer until thickened. Add more water as needed.
At the same time, boil water for pasta and cook as directed on the packet.
Add the drained pasta to the sauce – stir together with lemon juice. Add pepper and salt to taste and serve with coriander.