Mashed chickpea salad
What’s in it?
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup spring onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup or so hummus or tahini
- 1 – 2 tablespoons mustard (stoneground or dijon)
- dash of garlic powder
- juice of 1 lemon, optional
- small handful pumpkin seeds, optional
- paprika/smoked paprika, as garnish
How to make it:
Drain and rinse your chickpeas, place in medium size bowl and roughly mash with a fork, potato masher or pastry blender. Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Add more hummus if you like it creamier and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to season.
Serve on a bed of leafy greens, in a jacket potato, on crackers or make a sandwich (see below)
(Stores in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.)