Smashed white bean and avocado sandwich
What’s in it?
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- 150g sprouted beans
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
How to make it:
- Combine the beans, olive oil, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Roughly mash until it comes together but is still a little chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the bean mixture among four slices of the bread, spreading in a single layer. Top each with some red onion, sliced cucumber, avocado, and arugula or sprouts. Season with additional salt and pepper. Top with the remaining slices of bread and serve.