Tell the Chancellor you want a green and fair recovery
The government has launched its latest plan to boost the economy after the effects of the coronavirus crisis. While it’s a step in the right direction, this plan is far from the green and fair recovery we need.
We urgently need to build a future that’s greener, safer and fairer for everyone. But so far the government is still clinging to business as usual – even though that has left us facing a climate and nature emergency.
There’s still time to improve this plan. The government will be working on it over the coming months ahead of its next big announcement in the autumn.
Will you sign our petition and demand that Chancellor Rishi Sunak delivers an economic plan that supports people and planet?
Instead of rewarding polluters and ignoring growing health inequalities, the government should:
- Invest in making walking and cycling safe for everyone.
- Create thousands of green jobs and end fuel poverty with a huge programme of home insulation.
- Remove tax breaks from big polluters.
- Provide councils and nations with funding to aid local recovery.
- Scrap the £27 billion earmarked for climate-wrecking road programmes.
- Help workers from polluting industries move into clean ones.
- Attach conditions to company bailouts that cut emissions.
- End UK government investment in overseas coal, oil and gas projects.