Getting Moving: Cycling Manifesto for Greater Manchester
Created by Love Your Bike, ‘Getting Moving’ brings together a range of organisations in Greater Manchester in support of getting more people cycling for more of their journeys. With its target of 20% of Greater Manchester journeys under 5 miles by bike 2020, it is structured around 5 principles:
- Cycling infrastructure should be high quality, consistent and appropriate.
- Cycling should be fully integrated into the public transport system.
- On-road cycling training courses should be provided free of charge for adults.
- Residential areas should have a default speed limit of 20mph.
- Campaigns to promote cycling from A to B should be bold, sustained and targeted.
The following organisations are signatories of the manifesto:
- Bolton Friends of the Earth
- British Cycling
- Creative Concern
- Cycling Embassy of Great Britain
- Forster Dean
- Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign
- Greater Manchester Public Health Network
- Greater Sport
- Kro Bars Manchester
- Manchester Friends of the Earth
- 20s Plenty
- Positive Impact
- Richard Armitage Transport Consultancy Ltd
- Stockport Friends of the Earth
- Twisted Wheels
- University of Manchester Bicycle Users Group
- Unicorn Grocery
If you are interested in becoming a signatory, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.