1. Will you sign the Climate Pledge: “I’ll make Climate a priority if elected”
I agree to the statement "I'll make Climate a priority if elected" and believe that I am already doing this
Workplace Parking Levy
2. If elected, will you support introducing a workplace parking levy for large and medium-sized businesses in Greater Manchester?
I don't know enough about this to make a firm decision at this stage although in theory it seems like a good idea.
Divestment from Fossil Fuels
3. Will you sign the UK Divest Pledge: “If elected, I will do all I can to ensure the council pension fund ends investment in fossil fuels within the next five years and invests in a just transition to a zero-carbon economy.”?
Carbon Literacy Training
4. Will you commit to taking Carbon Literacy training within one year of being elected?
I have already completed this training
5. If elected, will you support a landlord licensing scheme to deliver warmer, safer and healthier homes?
6. If elected, will you do all you can to ensure that your local authority puts in place plans to double tree cover in your area?
7. If elected, will you support a ban on pavement parking in your council area?
On-street Bike Storage
8. If elected, would you support your Council installing on-street bike storage in your area?
9. Do you support the introduction of a Departure Tax on flights from Manchester Airport to raise funds for climate action across Greater Manchester?
10. Do you support increasing the number of school streets in your local council area?
Zero-carbon New Buildings
11. Do you support the introduction of a zero-carbon standard for all new buildings in Greater Manchester?
Clean Air Zone
12. Do you agree that a Clean Air Zone inside the ring road around Manchester City Centre with charges for the most polluting vehicles (including private cars) is a good idea for reducing air pollution?
13. If elected, will you support the introduction of an ‘ethical advertising policy’ on Council-controlled sites?