An action plan for Combined Authority Mayors – 2024 election campaigning
Join our free workshop to develop your campaign knowledge and confidence on next year’s Combined Authority Mayoral elections.
2024 will be a big year for elections. In May we will be voting for new Combined Authority mayors in Liverpool, the East Midlands, Greater Manchester, London, Norfolk, Suffolk, the North East, Tees Valley, West Yorkshire, York and North Yorkshire and the West Midlands.
Join us to learn more about what’s happening in your region, and find out how your group can get involved in campaigning for action on climate and environmental justice from your mayoral candidates.
We will hear from volunteers who successfully campaigned on the 2021 mayoral elections, and learn lessons on what went well and how we could do even better this time.
We’ll explore each region and look at what action is needed, and talk you through some of the resources and tools you’ll be using in the campaign.
This session will equip you and your group to build a winning campaign to secure meaningful commitments from your candidates, and ensure that the new Combined Authority mayors take the action that’s needed to tackle the environmental crises we face.
Register your (free) place via Eventbrite
Who is this training for?
- Local action groups.
- Community groups campaigning for a safer climate.
- Individuals with an interest in climate campaigning.
- LAG’s who are in areas where there are metro mayor elections in May 2024.
- Partners and individuals from the wider movement in those areas.
- Hear the experiences of other Local action groups.
- Get support and insight from Friends of the Earth staff.
- Gain tools and strategies for success.
- Improve your knowledge & confidence to campaign during the Metro Mayor elections.
- Maya Metheven, Grassroots Development Co-ordinator (North of England)
- Calvin Lawson, Regional Campaigns Organiser (North East England)
- Ted Burke, Regional Campaigns Organiser (London)
- Simon Bowens (tech support), Regional Campaigns Organiser (Yorkshire and the Humber)
During this webinar we will use Zoom, PowerPoint and Jam boards.
In addition we have the follow processes in place to support accessibility
- Closed Captions on zoom
- If you require a palantypist or a BSL interpreter please contact email@example.com two weeks before the training and we will aim to book an expert this service. If there are no available palantypists or BSL interpreters, we will work with you to do whatever we can to support your engagement in the training.
- All PowerPoint presentations have ALT text for images and pictures
- PowerPoints and handouts will be emailed prior to training for use with screen readers
- We welcome carers and support workers to attend training alongside any participants. Please let us know when registering so we can ensure that you are paired in any breakout rooms etc.
Please let us know via the booking form if you have any other accessibility requirements or alternatively you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to us about it.
Recording: We will record this event, so even if you can’t attend, you can register to receive this shortly after.
|Wednesday 22 Nov 2023 7:00pm
|Wednesday 22 Nov 2023 8:15pm
|Friends of the Earth