Conservative Party Conference Fringe: Can place based partnerships drive innovation and growth across a city region and provide the key to levelling up?
Innovation GM is a key pillar of the city-region’s economic vision, with a plan to deliver a fairer, greener and more productive Greater Manchester economy beyond the pandemic. Leveraging the success of GM’s existing research and development hubs in global frontier sectors including advanced materials and manufacturing, health innovation, digital and creative and clean growth. Join us to discuss how a place-based approach involving businesses, academia, science and local government can accelerate the region’s economic vision and deliver on levelling up.
- David Collins, Northern Editor, The Sunday Times (Chair)
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Jessica Bowles, Director of Strategy, Bruntwood
- Prof Richard Jones, The University of Manchester
- Joanne Roney OBE, Chief Executive, Manchester City Council
- Dr Beenish Siddique, CEO/Founder, AEH Innovative Hydrogel
When: 11.30am – 1pm (including lunch), Monday 4th October
Where: Upper Hall, Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount St, Manchester M2 5NS
|Location||Friends Meeting House|
|Start||Monday 4 Oct 2021 11:30am|
|Finish||Monday 4 Oct 2021 1:00pm|