Christmas Shouldn’t Cost the Earth (hosted by Hatch)
The first market of its kind to appear in the North. Shop a wide range of sustainable brands and enjoy workshops and entertainment.
Welcome to Manchester’s First Sustainable Christmas Market!
Popping up for two days only this Christmas to bring you over 25 eco-friendly brands offering excellent gift items for all the family. Enjoy a wide range of stalls, live entertainment, music, mulled wine and delicious hot food.
Meet an eco-friendly yoga brand, purchase Christmas cards and snazzy prints, try on some vintage clothing, explore a selection of jewellery, candles, carvings, tea, cozy sustainable fashion items and popular zero-waste reusables – all excellent for gifting.
Come and find us for:
- Easy, stress-free sustainable shopping
- Zero plastic packaging
- Ethical and fair trade
- Festive workshops
- Hot mulled wine and lots of food options
- Festive entertainment throughout
- Meet other people curious about how to enjoy a waste-free Christmas
With entertainment starting on Friday evening and running through to the next day and a selection of workshops and talks, there is something for everyone.
Grab a mulled wine and join us indoors for two free-to-attend talks:
- 1.00 – 1.45 pm – How to Live Sustainably – Christmas edition.
- 3.00- 3.35 pm – Inspiring Stories from Manchester’s Eco Heroes
Plus, if you want to have a go creating, making, sewing, upcycling or fermenting your own sustainable gifts, pick up a ticket to one of these exclusive on-the-day workshops!
- 12.30 – 13.30 – Children’s Workshop. Children 6+ and adults alike can create their own sustainable tree ornament, perfect for hanging at home or gifting.
- 14.30 – 16.00 – Festive Wreath Making. Upcycle fabrics into an eye-catching alternative decoration and divert waste from landfill at the same time.
- 15.00 – 16.00 – DIY Beeswax Food Wraps. Beeswax food wraps are all the rage. Learn to make your own as gifts or to keep in this quick and easy workshop.
- 16.30 – 18.00 – Learn to ferment! . Walk away with your own kombucha and vegan cashew cheese, the perfect experience for foodies.
Register your free ticket(s) via Eventbrite
The Details: When is it?
Friday 29th of November 17.00 – 21.00 pm and Saturday 30th November 11 am – 19.00 pm.
Where is it?
The trendy Hatch just off Oxford Road, easily accessible from anywhere across the city. Oxford Road, Manchester, M1 7ED
Easy access with trains, trams and buses within a stone’s throw. Find us here
Why Christmas – why now?
At Christmas, we produce 30% more waste than at any other time of year! It doesn’t have to be this way. Buy less, buy better from brands who genuinely care about the environment. 70% of Brits want to ‘go green’ this year. We’ve made it easy to do so!
Follow us on social media for event updates and info @hatch or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions.
Who is putting this event on?
This is a collaboration between Bruntwood and Zero Waste Goods. The former, a sustainable property company who are leaders in eco commercial space and the former a London-based brand touring the country with Zero Waste Christmas Markets.
Do I have to buy a ticket?
No! It’s a free event, but do make sure you register so we know to expect you! You may come and go from the venue as you wish.
|Start||Saturday 30 Nov 2019 11:00am|
|Finish||Saturday 30 Nov 2019 7:00pm|