Climate Action Plans for councils – explained
A series of free afternoon webinars for local climate campaigners to learn about the topics in the Climate Action Plan for councils.
About the training
Council Climate Action Plans cover a whole range of topics from housing to transport which can be complicated stuff. We’re running a series of sessions to help you understand the various topics in our template Climate Action Plan so you can campaign as effectively as possible.
In each session we’ll delve into a different topic within the Climate Action Plan, as well as take you through the local data we have in our new Near You tool and introduce you to some case studies of councils that are leading the way on climate action.
You can join us for all 10 sessions or just come along to the ones that are of interest to you. See below for what topic we’ll be covering on each date.
Please use the booking form to select which dates you would like to join. You can click on the name of each topic to find out more.
Dates and Topics:
- Monday 13 September, 2- 3pm – Buildings
- Monday 20 September, 2- 3pm – Land use & Nature
- Monday 27 September, 2- 3pm – Power
- Monday 4 October, 2- 3pm – Transport
- Monday 11 October, 2- 3pm – Waste
- Monday 18 October, 2- 3pm – Climate Justice
- Monday 25 October, 2- 3pm – Decision-making
- Monday 1 November, 2- 3pm – Raising money
- Monday 8 November, 2- 3pm – Influencing others
- Monday 15 November, 2- 3pm – Campaigning
Come along to this session to:
- Learn how your group can push your council for stronger climate targets with a Climate Action Plan;
- Develop your confidence in working with your council;
- Hear from policy experts about what practical action your council can take.
Who are these sessions for?
These sessions are for Climate Action Groups. The sessions will be recorded for anyone who isn’t able to attend.
During this webinar we will use:
Please let us know via the booking form if you have any accessibility requirements and if booking the session is difficult for you get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Register your free place(s) via Eventbrite.
|Start||Monday 25 Oct 2021 2:00pm|
|Finish||Monday 25 Oct 2021 3:00pm|
|Organised by||Friends of the Earth|
|Booking||Register via Eventbrite|