Clothes Swap with Want Not Waste
Bored of your old clothes? Looking for some new fun pieces? Why not do it the eco-conscious way? Come to our swap-shop and breathe some life into your wardrobe.
We will be asking for a suggested donation of £3 for Labour behind the Label who campaign for the rights of workers in the global garment industry.
Bring up to 10 pieces of clothing. We will NOT be accepting (but maybe in future events): underwear/ specialist sports clothing, children’s clothes, jewellery/accessories, shoes. All adult clothing welcome!
We will have tea and coffee for you all! Just BYOM (bring your own mug)
Please don’t bring dirty or broken clothes! Mend them and give them a wash first! If you wouldn’t give it to a friend, please don’t bring it to us. We inspect every garment for signs of damage and will turn items away if they appear unsuitable.
Here’s how the swap will work:
~~~ARRIVAL AND CHECK IN~~~
* Arrive 12-1pm, bring up to 10 items.
* Donate at the desk and receive a stamp card
* You will receive stamps for each item you bring. 1 stamp for cheaper, low value items, 2 stamps for most everyday items and 3 stamps for high value items (dungarees, designer, outerwear)
* Browse to your heart’s content!
* Mirrors and changing spaces will be available so try on your new finds.
* Receive unsolicited ‘yas queens’ from WNW volunteers.
* Embrace your inner gok and give advice on style to your friends
* Checkout desk opens 1pm
* Return to the desk with your new items where your card will be updated, stamps will be deducted depending on the items you buy.
* Walk away with your head held high, with a whole new wardrobe for FREE!
Our swap will be located on the ground floor of the Student’s Union, right outside our zero waste shop (where people taking part in the clothes swap will receive a 10% discount, just show your stamp card)
All remaining clothing will be donated to the Oxfam on Oxford Road.
See you there!
Latest details on Facebook event page
|Location||University of Manchester Students Union|
|Start||Wednesday 8 May 2019 12:00pm|
|Finish||Wednesday 8 May 2019 4:00pm|