Consultation for RHS Bridgewater Walking and Cycling Links – consultation event
The RHS is opening its fifth national garden in Salford in 2020. Over time the garden is expected to become one of the largest visitor attractions in Greater Manchester and Salford City Council, the RHS, Peel L&P and the Marriott Worsley Park Hotel and Country Club are keen to ensure that as many visitors as possible can arrive by sustainable modes of transport.
Proposals have been developed to improve walking and cycling routes between Walkden train station and Worsley/Boothstown via the new RHS Garden Bridgewater, extending Salford’s existing award-winning traffic-free network. In total the RHS Bridgewater Walking and Cycling Links scheme will provide a 6.3km shared route, including:
- A traffic-free route along the north of the Bridgewater Canal linking Worsley and Boothstown to RHS Garden Bridgewater
- A north-south route from RHS Garden Bridgewater to Walkden Station and the traffic-free network
- Enhanced links to public transport facilities including linking to the A580 Guided Busway and Walkden train station
- Providing new crossings on the A580, A572, A575, B5211, Occupation Lane and Birch Road to facilitate safe pedestrian and cycle access.
The scheme aims to promote sustainable travel and help to create healthier and more attractive neighbourhoods. Salford City Council, the RHS, Peel L&P and the Marriott Worsley Park Hotel and Country Club are working with Transport for Greater Manchester to ensure all residents are kept up to date with plans for the proposed RHS Bridgewater Walking and Cycling Links scheme.
Funding for the scheme is not guaranteed and your comments and endorsement will help support a full business case submission to the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) to secure funding to implement the scheme.
How can I give my views on the proposed changes?
You are invited to give your views on the proposals during the two-week consultation period between Monday 13 January to Friday 24 January 2020.
Anyone with opinions on the scheme can comment by any of the below methods:
- Tuesday 21 January 2020 between 2pm and 7pm at Worsley Village Library, Worsley Road, Worsley, Salford, M28 2PB
- Thursday 23 January 2020 between 2pm and 7pm at Walkden Gateway Centre, Community Room 3, 2 Smith Street, Worsley, Salford M28 3EZ
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: FAO RHS Garden Bridgewater Walking and Cycling Links consultation, Salford City Council, Civic Centre, Chorley Road
- Swinton, Salford M27 5FJ
- RHS Garden Bridgewater proposed scheme route (Adobe PDF format, 13.3mb)
- Bridgewater Canal footpath and RHS access ramp proposals (Adobe PDF format, 21.4mb)
- Bridgewater Canal woodland management proposals (Adobe PDF format, 20mb)
- A572 Leigh Road proposals (Adobe PDF format, 4.2mb)
- Marriott Hotel route proposals (Adobe PDF format, 21.4mb)
- A580 East Lancs Road crossing and Parr Fold Park proposals (Adobe PDF format, 12.8mb)
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
|Location||Worsley Village Library|
|Start||Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 2:00pm|
|Finish||Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 7:00pm|