Get ready for the General Election (Friends of the Earth)
Join this webinar to find out how you can campaign for environmental justice as we head towards a general election.
This will be a key year for our movement as people across the country will head to the polls to vote for their future MPs. It is vital that we use this moment to amplify our calls for immediate action on the climate and nature crises, and win commitments from our current and future decision makers so that, whoever wins the next election, will deliver policies that work for people and planet.
During the session you’ll hear about how you can make environmental justice a priority this election – from meeting with election candidates to running a hustings to making a splash in your local community. You’ll also have a chance to share your ideas to help shape how we collectively will demand a fairer, greener and more just world.
Register your (free) place via Eventbrite.
Who is this training for?
- Friends of the Earth local action groups
- Community groups campaigning for environmental justice
- Find out how to campaign for environmental justice during this vital election year
- Hear from other local action groups about their election campaign successes
- Share your ideas about how we can make climate and nature a priority this election
Victoria Marsom- Head of England, Friends of the Earth
Rose Taylor- Senior Campaign Activism Advisor, Friends of the Earth
During this webinar we will use Zoom, Powerpoint and breakout rooms.
In addition we have the follow processes in place to support accessibility
- Closed Captions on zoom
- If you require a palantypist or a BSL interpreter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks before the training and we will aim to book an expert this service. If there are no available palantypists or BSL interpreters, we will work with you to do whatever we can to support your engagement in the training.
- All PowerPoint presentations have ALT text for images and pictures
- PowerPoints and handouts will be emailed prior to training for use with screen readers
- We welcome carers and support workers to attend training alongside any participants. Please let us know when registering so we can ensure that you are paired in any breakout rooms etc.
Please let us know via the booking form if you have any other accessibility requirements or alternatively you can email us on email@example.com to talk to us about it.
Recording : We will record this event, so even if you can’t attend, you can register to receive this shortly after.
|Wednesday 20 Mar 2024 6:00pm
|Wednesday 20 Mar 2024 7:15pm
|Friends of the Earth