Liverpool Power Up: Empower yourself with skills to win campaigns through planning (Friends of the Earth)
The voices of ordinary Liverpudlians like you are not being heard. The city region’s green spaces are under threat and bad developments are increasing carbon emissions and leading to increased air pollution.
But with the right skills and knowledge, local people like you can help stop these bad developments from being built. We can help protect our green spaces for people and nature.
Friends of the Earth invite you to a free one-day workshop, focused on how you can use the planning system to help protect your local environment and to campaign for green development.
Our renowned ‘Power Up’ training will outline your rights under the planning system, and how you can successfully influence planning decisions to win your campaign.
Local people across the country have used the planning system to successfully block bad developments and protect green spaces – now is your chance to join them.
Together we can make sure our voices help shape the Liverpool city region.
The Power Up workshop, which is led by experienced Planner Naomi Luhde-Thompson, will cover the following:
- Identifying needs – mapping what you already know about planning and what the key things are you want to know about;
- What are your rights? An overview of the English planning system, planning reform, and your right to participate;
- Where do local plans, neighbourhood plans and spatial development strategies come in? What about Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (e.g. proposed road-building scheme at Rimrose Valley)?
- Planning applications: how you can support or object to an application; campaigning top tips
- Planning our next steps in the Liverpool city region;
- ‘The Land is Ours’ – let’s create a vision for a better planning system in the city region.
Please note places are limited. Please complete the booking form so we can tailor the workshop to your needs, and we will be in touch to confirm your place.
|Location||Quaker Meeting House (Liverpool)|
|Liverpool, L1 3BT|
|Start||Saturday 7 Mar 2020 10:00am|
|Finish||Saturday 7 Mar 2020 4:00pm|