Manchester Climate Change Conference 2019 (hosted by Manchester Climate Change Agency)
In November 2018, Manchester adopted new science-based climate change targets to:
– Only emit a maximum of 15million tonnes CO2 during the period 2018-2100 (our ‘carbon budget’)
– Reduce CO2 emissions by 13% year-on-year, starting from 2018
– Become a zero carbon city by 2038.
The city now has a Draft Manchester Zero Carbon 2020-2038 Framework in place.
Come along to hear how organisations have started to develop their zero carbon plans and what Manchester needs to do more of to become a zero carbon city in the next 19 years.
The Conference will be in 2 parts and include:
– A review of what the city has acheived over the past 12 months,
– A discussion about what’s happening in the city, and what urgent action is now needed to become zero carbon and stay within the city’s 15 million tonne carbon budget.
Book your place via Eventbrite.
Location: Renold Building (Room C2), The University of Manchester, Sackville Street, Manchester, M1 7JA
|Location||Renold Building, University of Manchester|
|Manchester, M1 3BA|
|Start||Monday 8 Jul 2019 5:00pm|
|Finish||Monday 8 Jul 2019 7:30pm|