Online strategy workshop for Manchester youth climate strikers (Quaker faith in action)
Due to ongoing Covid-19 public health measures this workshop has moved online.
Join this Zoom video conference to learn and explore tactics, principles and strategy to ensure that climate strikes continue and adapt to our new circumstances.
There is no Planet B.
So we must win.
We will be considering –
– How can we come together to make change?
– What are affinity groups?
– What can we learn from past movements?
– What tactics can we use to supercharge our activism into the change we want to see?
– How can we build confidence in our activism?
– And how can we support and include each other in this fight to have our planet – and future – thrive?
We’re splitting the workshop into three segments, so we can have lots of breaks and time to move our bodies away from a screen. Please come to all 3 segments, and please log in 5-10 minutes before the start of the meeting, so we can start right on time.
This workshop is specifically aimed at School Climate Strikers. Bring your stories of climate striking, and your hearts, head and hands.
“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”― Arundhati Roy
The day will be facilitated by Lyndsay Burtonshaw from Turning the Tide and Oonagh Ryder of Quaker Peace & Social Witness.
To avoid the risk of spamming and trolling, the link to the Zoom meeting will not be published here. Please email email@example.com to request the URL. We look forward to hearing from you!
Latest details on Facebook event page
|Start||Monday 6 Apr 2020 10:30am|
|Finish||Monday 6 Apr 2020 5:00pm|
|Organised by||Quaker Faith in Action|