Road Rider Ready [Stockport]
Are you a fairly confident off-road or recreational cyclist, but not so sure about cycling on the road? This group course is designed to teach you the skills needed to cycle safely and inspire confidence when riding on the road.
This 2 hour course begins in a traffic free environment with the guidance of professional cycle instructors. Learning with people of a similar ability, you will be taught the necessary skills required to make safe, short road journeys by bike. Once mastered, instructors will give you the opportunity to put your new skills to the test by cycling on selected quiet roads.
Participants will be provided with a bike on the day, but you’re welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
The Road Rider Ready course can help you with:
- Preparing yourself and your bike for cycling on the road
- Starting off, pedalling and stopping with control and consideration
- Controlling the bike, using gears and manoeuvring safely around objects
- Communicating with others
- Looking all around and behind, and controlling the bike with one hand
- Sharing space with others
- Emergency stopping
Please note that these courses are only open to those 12 years or above.
Courses need a minimum number of people to go ahead – if you have a friend or family member who would be interested, why not invite them to register and share the cycling experience. And please don’t forget to cancel your place if you can’t make it.
Places are limited so please book online
|Location||Cale Green Park|
|Start||Sunday 25 Oct 2020 12:00pm|
|Finish||Sunday 25 Oct 2020 2:00pm|