System Change Not Climate Change: A Revolutionary Response (hosted by SWP Manchester)
Manchester Book launch of “System Change not Climate Change: A Revolutionary Response to Environmental Crisis”.
2019 has seen an explosion in radical action about the environmental crisis. From the brilliant school student strikes to the Extinction Rebellion protests thousands of people want change. But what sort of change do we need?
The new book “System Change not Climate Change” argues that capitalism is the cause of environmental crisis and to fight for a sustainable world we need radical action to challenge the system that puts people before profit.
This book launch will be led off by two of the book’s authors.
Here is the table of contents of the book:
* Hopelessly Devoted to Fossil Fuels, Amy Leather
* Marxism and the Anthropocene, Camilla Royle
* The Discovery and Rediscovery of Metabolic Rift, Ian Angus
* Karl Marx’s Idea of Ecosocialism in the 21st Century, Kohei Saito
* Natural Capital: A Neoliberal Response to Species Extinction, Ian Rappel
* Food, Agriculture and Climate Change, Martin Empson
* Capitalism and the Biodiversity Crisis, Sarah Ensor
* Why Capitalism Loves Plastic, Amy Leather
* Canada’s Tar Sands, Indigenous Sovereignty and a Just Transition for Workers, Carolyn Egan & Michelle Robidoux
* Up Against the Clock: Climate, Social Movements and Marxism | Suzanne Jeffery
* Can We Build a Sustainable Society? Martin Empson
Copies of “System Change not Climate Change” will be on sale at the book launch at the Bookmarks the socialist bookshop bookstall.
Latest details on Facebook event page
|Location||Friends Meeting House|
|Start||Wednesday 9 Oct 2019 7:00pm|
|Finish||Wednesday 9 Oct 2019 9:00pm|