Taking Action against Climate Breakdown (A North West Gathering hosted by Transition Liverpool)
Join the local Transition Towns community for our annual gathering, a chance to look at problems caused by climate change and encourage active participation in developing solutions.
During this day-long event we will:
- Take a look at the likely impact of fossil fuel use on our coastline as the area becomes more severely affected by sea level rises and storm surges
- Hear from local groups about their activities to give a picture of the important work collectively achieved during this Year of the Environment
- Seek to support and inspire each other as we make necessary changes to our individual lifestyles
- Discuss the steps we need to take to reduce emissions
- Explore how can we work with politicians in our local region to tackle climate breakdown
The afternoon session will be an Open Space, for you to put forward ideas for practical things you would like to do to tackle climate breakdown. Gather in groups to discuss, collaborate, generate interest and plan your actions/projects/ideas. If you have something you think we can do directly that will make a difference, please bring it and put it out to the gathering.
A light lunch will be provided with vegan and vegetarian soup, and desserts
Tea and coffee will be available throughout the day
We will be accepting donations on the day towards lunch and the work of Transition Liverpool
Register your (free) place on Eventbrite
|Location||Quaker Meeting House (Liverpool)|
|Start||Saturday 12 Oct 2019 9:30am|
|Finish||Saturday 12 Oct 2019 4:00pm|