Taking Manchester from Climate Emergency to Climate Action
In this two hour training session we will focus on how to engage your local council effectively on climate change.
Hope for the Future are specialists in training citizens to have effective conversations with their political representatives using our relationship-based lobbying techniques.
The Authority to Act programme aims to build power, equip and upskill everyday people to be able to engage their local council on climate change. We designed this training programme to be accessible for people who aren’t climate activists too. You can find out more details on our website.
We will cover:
- Hope for the Future’s relationship based approach for lobbying your council
- How to research your different councils, (what you want to look out for)
- Finding common ground with your council
- Defining your SMART agenda
- Conversation techniques to enable an effective conversation and strategies for navigating conflict when communicating with your council.
We always aim to have one interactive element and to leave time at the end for questions.
We will be hosting this training on Zoom. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to share any access requirements you may have in order to take part online.
When: 10am – 12 noon, Friday 25th June
More info: Register via Eventbrite
|Start||Friday 25 Jun 2021 10:00am|
|Finish||Friday 25 Jun 2021 12:00pm|
|Organised by||Hope for the Future|
|Booking||Register via Eventbrite|