United for Warm Homes: Celebrating 2023 – what comes next? (Friends of the Earth)
Join this webinar to celebrate everything we’ve achieved and take a look at our plans for the year ahead.
This year we’ve achieved so much – from reaching out to our communities to build campaign partnerships, to collecting petition signatures, to running amazing Day of Action events and engaging our MPs on the campaign.
Let’s get together to celebrate all the brilliant campaigning we’ve done to call for warm homes in 2023. We’ll be hearing from groups about their Day of Action successes and their campaign achievements over the last year.
Then we’ll be sharing a preview of our plans for next year, to keep the pressure on politicians following the Day of Action. Our political campaigning will ramp up in to run up to the 2024 general election when we’ll run a coordinated nationwide election campaign. We’ll make sure all political parties know that to get elected, they need to commit to urgently fixing our energy system so it works for people and planet.
Register your (free) place via Eventbrite
This event is part of a monthly warm homes workshop in which we come together from across the country as our campaign builds momentum. During each webinar we cover:
- Update: Hear the latest about the campaign and how it’s progressing. We’ll share new resources and next steps, as well as what’s been happening that connects to our campaign aims in the external world too.
- Connect & learn from each other: Hear what other groups are doing locally and share tips and advice.
- Celebrate success: Hear an inspiring story from a group fighting for warm homes for all.
Register for all the webinars in this series here.
Who is this for?
- Anyone interested in taking part in our day of action!
- Friends of the Earth Local Action Groups
- Community groups campaigning with the United for Warm Homes Campaign
- Individuals with an interest in climate campaigning
During this webinar we will use PowerPoint and breakout rooms, Jamboards and zoom. Please let us know via the booking form if you have any accessibility requirements and if booking the session is difficult for you get in touch with us on email@example.com for help.
If you require a palantypist or a BSL interpreter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks before the training and we will aim to book an expert this service. If there are no available palantypists or BSL interpreters we will work with you to do whatever we can to support your engagement in the training.
Recording: We will be recording a separate version of the session to capture the main points in the session and will share the video afterwards along with links to all the resources mentioned.
Can’t attend? Stay up to date
Make sure you’re signed up to the campaign to receive regular emails and stay up to date. https://unitedforwarmhomes.uk/sign-your-group-campaign.
|Thursday 7 Dec 2023 6:00pm
|Thursday 7 Dec 2023 7:00pm
|Friends of the Earth