United for Warm Homes: Highlighting the health impacts of cold homes
Join this webinar to hear the results of brand new research into the health impacts of fuel poverty and how we can make our decision makers act so that no one has to suffer from cold, damp housing.
No matter who you are, if you live in a cold home, your health and wellbeing are at risk, Friends of the Earth is working with the Institute of Health Equity to produce a report on the health impacts of living in cold homes. Across the country people are suffering because their homes are cold and damp. We need the government to act now.
Join us to hear about the findings from this research and how you can use it to win support for the campaign from your MP and general election candidates. During the webinar we’ll provide a host of resources that you can use locally to highlight the links between health inequality and fuel poverty, and to persuade your decision makers to sign up to the United for Warm Homes pledge.
Register your (free) place via Eventbrite.
Who is this for?
- Friends of the Earth Local Action Groups
- Community groups campaigning with the United for Warm Homes Campaign
- Individuals or groups with an interest in climate, fuel poverty and health inequality campaigning
- Learn more about the links between health and fuel poverty.
- Be one of the first to hear the results of brand new research by the Institute of Health Equity.
- Get tips and advice on winning support from your current and future decision makers on Warm Homes.
Emi Murphy- Warm Homes Campaigner, Friends of the Earth
Rachel O’Connell – Campaign Officer, Friends of the Earth
Rose Taylor- Senior Campaign Activism Advisor, Friends of the Earth
Accessibility: During this webinar we will use Zoom, Powerpoint, breakout rooms and Google docs
In addition we have the follow processes in place to support accessibility
- Closed Captions on zoom
- If you require a palantypist or a BSL interpreter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks before the training and we will aim to book an expert this service. If there are no available palantypists or BSL interpreters, we will work with you to do whatever we can to support your engagement in the training.
- All PowerPoint presentations have ALT text for images and pictures
- PowerPoints and handouts will be emailed prior to training for use with screen readers
- We welcome carers and support workers to attend training alongside any participants. Please let us know when registering so we can ensure that you are paired in any breakout rooms etc.
Please let us know via the booking form if you have any other accessibility requirements or alternatively you can email us on email@example.com to talk to us about it.
Recording: We will record this event, so even if you can’t attend, you can register to receive this afterwards.
|Wednesday 28 Feb 2024 6:00pm
|Wednesday 28 Feb 2024 7:00pm
|Friends of the Earth