Welcome to Friends of the Earth webinar
Come along to this introductory session to learn more about our local action group network, campaigns and how you can get involved.
This is an introductory session for anyone who wants to join one of the UK’s largest grassroots campaigning organisations. Everyone is welcome – whether you’re completely new to local campaigning, have recently joined your local action group, or just want to find out more about how you can be part of the solutions to the climate and ecological crisis.
There will be a couple of presentations about Friends of the Earth, our history, and our campaigns. You’ll also have the chance to hear from other local action group members about their groups and how they make a difference locally. At the start, we’ll use breakout groups so you have the opportunity to get to know fellow newcomers.
Register your (free) place via Eventbrite
Who is this training/course for?
- Groups interested in joining the Friends of the Earth local action group network
- Individuals with an interest in campaigning
- Individuals looking for solutions to climate and environmental breakdown
- Anyone who just joined a local action group
- Community groups campaigning for a safer climate and healthier environment
You’re welcome to bring a +1 along too, the more the merrier!
- Hear from local action groups about what it’s like to be part of our network
- Find out more about Friends of the Earth, who we are, what we do and how we campaign
- Connect with like-minded people who are also interested in taking action on climate and nature
- Find and join a supportive community
- Learn about our current campaigns and what support is on offer to you as a local action group member.
What to expect
First we’ll go into breakout rooms so you have time to connect with one another and share what’s got you interested in taking action. Following this, Friends of the Earth staff will present our 50-year legacy of campaigning for local, national and global issues. Local action group leaders will introduce themselves, their groups and how they’re tackling important campaign issues. We’ll wrap up with next steps and you’re welcome to stay on for a little while to ask questions.
Your hosts/facilitators: TBC
During this webinar we will use Zoom, Powerpoint and breakout rooms. You don’t need to prepare or read anything before the session – it’s designed for everyone, no matter your campaign experience level.
In addition we have the follow processes in place to support accessibility
- Closed Captions on zoom
- If you require a palantypist or a BSL interpreter please contact email@example.com two weeks before the training and we will aim to book an expert this service. If there are no available palantypists or BSL interpreters, we will work with you to do whatever we can to support your engagement in the training.
- All PowerPoint presentations have ALT text for images and pictures
- PowerPoints and handouts will be emailed prior to training for use with screen readers
Please let us know via the booking form if you have any other accessibility requirements or alternatively you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to us about it.
Recording: We will record this event for internal training and development purposes. If you’re unable to make it, please come along to another session as we run these regularly.
|Start||Thursday 30 Nov 2023 12:30pm|
|Finish||Thursday 30 Nov 2023 1:30pm|
|Organised by||Friends of the Earth|