Getting Moving Manifesto: Become a Signatory
Dear Cycling Supporter,
‘Getting Moving’ has been produced by Love Your Bike and has the support of a range of signatories across private, public and community sectors. We all want to see more people cycling, more often, for more of their journeys.
The manifesto for cycling includes six design principles and five headline policies that together provide a route map to becoming a cycling city and achieving the target of 20% of journeys under 5 miles being made by bike by 2020. More details, and a complete list of signatories are available at www.loveyourbike.org/manifesto.
We are inviting organisations to become signatories. By becoming a signatory organisations can:
- Become part of a wider network of businesses that are recognising the benefits of cycling.
- Support Love Your Bike in its continuing work to make cycling an attractive, accessible and fun way to get around.
- Be listed on the Love Your Bike website as a supporter, boosting your profile and demonstrating your support for cycling to your customer base.
- Use the Getting Moving supporters logo on your website and other publicity.
In return we ask that you
- Promote Getting Moving on your website and, where possible, other materials.
- Contribute to the aims of Getting Moving in ways appropriate to your organisation. Example activities may include lobbying for improved cycling facilities and putting in place measures to be a cycle friendly employer. We will survey signatories periodically to seek examples of positive promotion that we can use as examples on our website.
Please note that becoming a signatory organisation does not necessarily imply endorsement by Love Your Bike or it’s coordinating organisation Manchester Friends of the Earth.
We hope you will consider becoming a signatory of Getting Moving. If you have any questions please do get in touch. We can be contacted at email@example.com.
Love Your Bike