5 headline actions, 6 design principles, 1 cycling city.
20% of all journeys under 5 miles by bike by 2020.
Getting Moving has been created by Love Your Bike and has the support of a range of signatories across public, private and community sectors. Together we want to see more people cycling, more often, for more of their journeys.
Getting Moving was launched in 2012. This revised and refreshed version was launched in October 2014.
Greater Manchester’s bike-borne revolution will bring a cleaner environment, a healthier population and a raft of business benefits.
Download the manifesto (pdf)
The following organisations supported this campaign when it was relaunched in 2014.
- Bolton Friends of the Earth
- British Cycling
- Coffee Cranks Coop
- Cooler Projects
- Creative Concern
- Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative
- Ethical Property Company
- Functional Innovative Training
- Green Pasture Farms
- Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign
- Greater Sport
- JMW Solicitors
- Juicy Bike Electric Bikes
- Manchester Bike Hire
- Manchester Friends of the Earth
- Northern Rail
- 20s Plenty
- Pop Up Bikes
- Primal Fitness
- Richard Armitage Transport Consultancy Ltd
- SPAHG – Spatial Planning and Health Group
- Tandem Coffee House
- University of Manchester Bicycle Users Group
- Unicorn Grocery