November 2019 Newsletter
Give Trees a Chance
This issue is all about trees. We all need more trees! Wherever you live,
trees have a wide range of benefits, which you can learn more about inside this newsletter. In our city centres, trees help absorb air pollutants and cool the air in heatwaves. In our suburbs, trees enhance the value of open spaces for exercise and recreation, improving our physical and mental health. In our countryside, trees retain moisture in the soil and thus reduce
the risk of grass fires in droughts and floods after heavy rain. These are all important reasons for planting more trees here in Greater Manchester.
Our November 2019 newsletter has information about why trees are important, how you can get involved in tree planting in Greater Manchester and encourage Government to fund more trees!
Download the November 2019 Newsletter (7mb pdf)
Would you like to get involved in producing our newsletter?
We’re looking for people to contribute content, take photos and help in other ways. Just get in touch by email to let us know: email@example.com.
Here is our newsletter archive, with the newsletters to download as pdfs.
- November 2019 (Pdf 7mb) Give Trees a Chance
- June 2019 (Pdf 5.9mb) The Clean Air Issue
- March 2019 (pdf, 3.5mb)- Greater Manchester Green Summit
- Christmas 2018 (pdf, 5.2mb) – Plastic-free Christmas
- Spring 2016 (pdf, 1.3mb) – Positivity in Paris- Jacob reports on the demand for climate action during the COP21 talks
- Autumn 2015 (pdf, 276kb) – Disco Souperstars- The next moves in fighting food waste
- Spring 2015 (pdf, 1.3mb) – Zombie Car Parks–rise and fall
- Autumn 2014 (pdf, 1.4mb) – Trafford Says No to Fracking- The Frack Free Trafford petition attracts over 1,300 local signatures
- Summer 2014 (pdf, 1.3mb) – Award Winners! Manchester FoE wins the Group of the Year award at national FoE’s BASECAMP
- Spring 2014 (pdf, 1.6mb) – Kept in the Dark Manchester FoE teams up with 10:10 to show how house hunters lack vital energy information
- Winter 2013 (pdf, 1.1mb) – Global Frackdown—Local Action Manchester FoE ask the people of Salford to say the F(racking) Word is a dirty word
- Autumn 2013 (pdf, 1.5mb) – Our Own Bee Tea (and) Tower Cat helps MFoE build up nectar points for Manchester’s bees
- Summer 2013 (pdf, 1.5mb) – Come and Join Our Free Lunch Help make food history at Manchester’s first ever Feeding the 5000 event
- Spring 2013 (pdf, 1.1mb) – How Smart Is Your Phone?
- Winter 2012 (pdf, 1.3mb) – Green Is Working, Say MPs Friends of the Earth’s campaign gets cross-party support in Manchester
- Autumn 2012 (pdf, 1.2mb) – Seeds of Weeds Will Please Bees Bees, bugs, birds and bats boost biodiversity in the City Centre
- November 2011 (pdf, 1.6mb) – Let’s Fix the Big Six Manchester FoE gets the new campaign moving with a stunt at the Conservative conference
- September 2011 (pdf, 1.8mb) – Pushing Carbon Onto the Agenda Young Friends of the Earth join in the ‘One Penny’ campaign
- June 2011 (pdf, 750kb) – It’s Time to Talk Rubbish Campaigners urge David Cameron to make sure we can recycle more ‘black bin’ waste
- April 2011 (pdf, 585kb) – Making Cycling Count
- November 2010 (pdf, 562 kb) – Have I Got MOOs For You! Manchester FoE gets its message ‘herd’ as part of the national MOOvement campaign
- August 2010 (pdf, 562 kb) Cycle wear, cycle everywhere!
- April 2010 (pdf, 2.2mb) – Election Special – How Green Are Your Candidates?
- March 2010 (pdf, 2.6mb) – Wave or ripple? London Wave Climate Change March
- November 2009– (pdf, 1.8mb)- MP is Hit with Chicks
- Spring/ Summer 2009 – (pdf, 2mb)- Shape up for the summer
- Winter 2008 – (pdf, 1.5mb) Old King Coal
- Summer 2008– (pdf, 2.1mb) Biofuels- Cool fuels?
- Spring 2008– (pdf, 1.1mb) Brussels Scouts
- Winter 2007 – (pdf, 1.1mb) More choice, more choice, more choice…
- Autumn 2007– (pdf, 849 KB) His secret is he doesnt count chocolate. Their secret? They don’t count carbon!
- Summer 2007– (pdf, 1.4mb)- ACME Palm Oil
- Spring 2007– (pdf, 784 KB) – Make Congestion History
- Winter 2006– (pdf, 2.5mb) Destination Climate Chaos
- Autumn 2006– (pdf, 697 KB) Local Organic and Proud
- Summer 2006 (pdf, 888 KB) Summer’s Here! Green your holiday!
- Spring 2006 – (pdf, 500 KB) Neglected? lected? Taken for a Ride? or a Ride?
- Winter 2005 (pdf, 1.1mb)- I’m an Orang-utan… Get me out of here!
- Autumn 2005– (pdf, 1mb) The Big Ask
- Spring 2005 – (pdf, 515 KB) Read The Signs Climate Change Four Wheels a heels at a Time
- December 2004 – (pdf, 507 KB) Russian Into Climate Change? Change? Change?
- September 2004 (pdf, 696 KB) – How many lightbulbs does it take to change the climate?
- May 2004 (pdf, 251 KB) – The Real World
- February 2004 (pdf, 386 KB) – Carbon Dinosaurs Success
- Winter 2003 (pdf, 456 KB) Railways to Despair
- November 2003 (pdf, 1.2mb) – Flying into the future – lessons from the past?
- May 2003 (pdf, 870 KB)- Long-term Vision for Longsight
- Winter 2002 (pdf, 537 KB)- Car Free Deansgate
(Page last updated 23rd November, 2019 11:42)