UYL Sourdough Pancakes
This is a vegan variation on a Sourdough Pancake recipe from Hobbs House Bakery
Great with savoury or sweet toppings.
- 3 teasp NoEgg natural egg replacer plus 3 tbsp water (or for non vegan version… 3 eggs)
- 120g sourdough starter
- A pinch of salt
- 170ml almond milk (or for non vegan version… milk)
- 100g plain white flour
- 20g margarine (or for non vegan version… butter)
- Put egg replacer plus water into a large bowl (or if using eggs break them into the bowl and whisk).
- Add milk, the sourdough, salt, flour and whisk all together.
- Melt a big knob of margarine (or butter) in a large frying pan.
- Finally, fry the pancakes in the large frying pan, tossing occasionally until they are golden on both sides. Lubricate your frying pan between pancakes with a little oil on kitchen paper.
5.Serve while still warm.
The sourdough starter gives these pancakes a depth of flavour that is perfect with both dinner and pudding course. A good way to use up excess starter – no more pouring it away down the sink!